Making Positive Change with Little-Known Communication Secrets
“As is a tale, so is life. Not how long it is but how good it is that matters.”
Welcome to Episode #100 of The Daily Interaction Show and to my conversation with a gracious grace, Leon “The Encourager” Bullard on how to make positive change first in your life and then in the life of others.
If you can communicate it well enough, you can have anything you want in life.
~The Daily Interaction Show
As a personal development expert, Leon is focused on educating, coaching and encouraging others to live healthier and more productive. He has over 10 years work as a fitness trainer and 8 years work as a behavior modification coach and speaker. He is the author of Triumph At Last.
Also Leon has a great newsletter at chasevictory.com if you want nudges for staying healthy.
His focus is on healthy living and he is a supreme example of that so he lives and breathes his own advice. And he is a wonderful speaker from years of knowing him at Toastmasters.
For today’s talk I want to talk about the courage that it takes to help people make changes in their lives and Leon is doing that with his business and also with his powerful speaking so we’ll get his secrets on that.
How to Make Positive Change One with Communicating Well
Here are the interview questions I posed Leon Bullard in our conversation:
1. Leon, it’s a luxury that I know you so I can base my questions on personal experience 🙂 and I always noticed that you were a natural persuader. How do you do it? How can we learn the basics of persuading the people in our lives without coming across as pushy? (Feel free to give us examples)
2. I still remember in 2009, you gave an amazing speech at a Toastmasters contest. Are you still active in Toastmasters and how are you using your public speaking skills in your own business?
3. So I know your passion is about helping people become healthier in their lives, and we share that passion. What made you decide to pursue personal development and helping people get healthier?
4. Okay let’s talk about some of the challenges because I am sure you have had to work hard on your amazing communication skills. What are some of the difficulties you faced AND overcame along the way?
5. Let’s say I am really shy, terrified of interacting with people much less groups, but I am dying to get my story out there because I know it can help create positive change for some people. What is the first step I could take to overcome this debilitating shyness and get courageous?
6. Leon, was there anything that I didn’t ask you that you want to share on this topic of getting the courage to help people change.
7. If you could give my listeners one actionable takeaway today to help them inspire positive change in the people in their lives, what would you say?
IF YOU LOVE US, and want to show your appreciation for this free podcast, won’t you give us a shout on iTUNES! Thank you for showing your LOVE!