Welcome back to Episode #22 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is how to interview remarkably well for anything, be it a job or a promotion of your work and business, or any other reason that someone may wish to interview you. I talk about why interviews present you with so much opportunity and potential and I give you reasons to never turn down an interview.
After doing these 17 interviews around the blog and the growing business, not to mention countless job interviews, I wanted to share what I have learned about the art and science of interviewing well because it is a skill that can greatly benefit you!
RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. How I have had the privilege and honor of being interviewed about 25 times in the last 2 years and how the sources approached me for these amazing opportunities to tell my story.
2. Why it is easy to get interviews and how to make yourself newsworthy and why you are likely far more interesting than the people you see on TV or radio.
3. What are the top reasons to get interviewed, why to never turn down an interview, and a compelling story about a woman who took her novel to a very small radio station and the big surprise.
4. The 3 super honest reasons I love, LOVE, interviews.
5. What is the one element that will take your interviews to such a level that you will be asked back to the show and how to do that.
6. Useful and practical phrases to use in an interview to relate to the listeners and your homework when it comes to listeners of the show.
7. Why to not write out a script for an interview and how to best prepare for that awesome interview.
8. What is the one nonnegotiable thing you need to do in every single interview.
9. The true importance of active listening in every single minute of the interview.
Your Thoughts on This:
Dear TDI listeners: What is the most challenging daily interaction for you, maybe one that frustrates or challenges you the most? Let me know in the comments below and don’t be surprised if I dedicate an entire podcast to it!