Welcome back to Episode #19 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is an extension from the technology episode and that is savvy etiquette around using email.
What is the most sensible, smart, savvy and professional way to use email in today’s world? Email is a tool that has become ubiquitous in our culture.
Everyone uses it. I give you tips around things that have worked very well for me as well as things that have made me, well, you know, take a second look at my own approach, to say the least.
Take heed and sharpen your email skills with this podcast.(download .mp3)
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. What awful thing I do to my younger brother, aka my genius IT person, and how we all need to be aware of some aspects of email etiquette.
2. Why the foundation of everything is always the most important and a quick recap on the basic email etiquette that we may be taking for granted.
3. My biggest pet peeve and the very thing that pushed me to do this podcast right now, and why it’s the simplest thing to do and yet something that goes unnoticed far too often.
4. The one piece of advice that reminds you the essence of email and why you should remember it even as you go through the sea of your countless emails.
5. Quick but important tips on what basic yet fundamental mistakes to avoid when writing a good email.
6. How to manage group email communication with correct use of bcc (blind carbon copy) and what big mistakes to avoid in this regard.
7. The best habit you can form for yourself before sending proper email and how well these habits can serve you over time.
8. My top tip on effective and smart business emails that get replies every time and my WWWH formula on becoming a master at communicating with email.
9. Rules of follow-up when you do not hear back from someone and what circumstances to consider before sending those follow-up notes.
10. The worst emotion of all and why and how to avoid it on your email communications.
What is the most challenging daily interaction of all for you, one that you struggle with the most? Let me know in the comments below and don’t be surprised if I dedicate an entire podcast to it!
Disclaimer: I have affiliate links in this post to products and programs I full and proudly endorse.