Welcome to another Interactive Interview Series here on our Daily Interaction Show. You guys are IN for a treat today so pay close attention because we are going to learn how to use our most valuable instrument: Our Own Voice!
Sally Morgan is the creator of a contemporary vocal technique Sing Like You Speak. She is a professional vocal trainer, singer, composer, author and innovator in this field for 25 years. She is the author of Sing Like You Speak™: Morganix Method and 125 Secrets to Help You Speak Like a Pro; Speak Up and Win! and The Dynamic Diction Course.
You can see and hear some of Sally’s clients on Broadway stages, Off-Broadway, in Regional Theater, on Major Label Recordings, the Conan O’Brian show, A Prairie Home Companion, in Federal Courts, and in the senate. Sally has been coaching business executives, lawyers, politicians, actors and singers for 25+ years. She has a finely tuned intuitive coaching style that guides her clients quickly to massive break-through.
She also facilitates workshops (I’d love to go to one!) where she helps anyone from actors, singers to business execs become “vocally empowered” and “professionally polished” – I love that description!
And what I love MOST about Sally is her warmth and heartfelt teaching style AND delightful personality on her videos on YouTube makes her the real gem in the voice lesson world. (Search for Sing Like You Speak on YouTube.) We are truly lucky to learn from Sally’s expertise today on improving our VOICES!
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Unleashing Your Voice with Sally Morgan – Interview Questions:
1. Sally, I found you when searching for ways to improve my voice; it’s such a big part of my life now. I do lots of interviews, speaking, coaching and this show of course, and I feel self-conscious about my voice. I yearn to sound elegant and deep and beautiful but I don’t know where to begin…
Do you see this emotional trend in your students and would you share with us one or two things we can do to help us FEEL better about our voices?
2. You work with singers, speakers and professionals to improve both their speaking and their singing. What are some of the results or changes in their life from having a better voice, or that “professional polish” and “vocal empowerment” as you call it?
3. With respect to people who want to just be better communicators and speakers, what would you say is the “rudest” awakening when they start working with you? We make so many assumptions in life – we are bound to make a few around our voice. Can you bust some myths here for us?
4. I was watching one of your videos and I love LOVE how you say “unleash that voice that’s trapped inside”! Can you help us visualize that better and relate to the “unleashing” part? And are there exercises or tools that you recommend.
5. Sally, now I’d love for you to do a LIVE critique of my voice here on the air. This is a true testament to vulnerability, I know, but I’ve wanted to overcome it and what better time and place than with you and my listeners… I will embrace whatever you throw at me!
6. Our final question: I want to leave our listeners with actionable steps. What is one (or two) things that our listeners can do RIGHT AWAY after this show toward becoming “vocally empowered”?.
Watch the talented magnificent and delightful Sally Morgan below in the video and be sure to subscribe to her YouTube channel:
And if you need more inner confidence to let that beautiful voice unleash, look no further than my free 21-Step Confidence Building Series course:
Use Your Inner Powers
Bonus: 21-Step Confidence Building Series