Welcome back to Episode #90. This Interactive Interview Series brings you a second expert on using your vocal instrument, your voice, and your best asset in all the communication in your life. Our guest is Marlena Reigh.
We visited an excellent topic in the communication power “toolbox” a few weeks ago – using our instrument, our voice with Sally Morgan and today, I want to revisit that with another fresh perspective with another expert on the topic, Marlena Reigh. I watched a talk Marlena had given on video where she used a powerful and creative approach to bring my attention immediately to my voice. I was instantly intrigued me to invite her to the show to learn more about becoming aware and better using our voice.
Marlena Reigh is a voice image specialist with over twenty years of coaching, speaking and seminar-leading experience. She has worked one-on-one with over 1,000 voices and is a published author of books and tapes on voice image and presentation skills.
Marlena coaches professionals in various fields and offers corporate seminars to teach unique approaches to personal communications, voice and presentation effectiveness. These approaches promote action that yields positive and lasting results and has significant impact on their success.
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Becoming Aware of Your Voice Interview Questions with Marlena
1. My first question for you is about awareness. I imagine it’s an easy sell to tell someone that their voice is important to their success. But most of us are not even aware of our voice, its impact, etc. How do we bring about a sense of awareness around our voice so we can begin to improve it?
2. Let’s start with something fun and easy because our voice is such an intimate part of who we are. What would you say is the easiest place to start improving our voice? Do you have a fun exercise for us to do here on the air?
3. On one of your YouTube videos, I love the way you say: “The voice is a physical experience.” And you went on to show us that for each experience, we have a physical association that reflects in our voices. Would you talk to us about that some more, Marlena?
4. You have some great looking programs and one of them is “7 Exercises for a More Dynamic Speaking Voice” and the one that jumped at me was learning to be objective about our voice. Would you mind giving us examples of how we can do that?
5. I talk a lot about managing various forms of self-sabotage that we seem to master as adults and I love using positive affirmations because they work! Would you share with us any relevant mental/emotional reinforcements that we can do to benefit our voice?
6. Our final question – which is the same question I ask all my interviewees: I want to leave our listeners with actions! What are one (or two) things that we can all do RIGHT AWAY to improve our voices?
If you want to take advantage of Marlena’s generous gift, send her an email here: Marlena Reigh.
IF YOU LOVE US, and want to show your appreciation for this free podcast, won’t you give us a shout on iTUNES! Thank you for showing your LOVE!
This podcast is part of Prolific Living Media and it is produced weekly and released every Friday. For questions and comments, email the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org.