Video: How To Pack Light for a 5-Week International Trip and Not Check In Luggage
How to Pack Light for a Long Trip and LOVE It.
Do you know how to pack light for a long trip? You can and no, light packing is not magic. It is a skill you can learn.
Why bother, you wonder?
Because of this: If you want to thoroughly enjoy your travels, if you want to focus on what matters on your trips and not have worries of lost luggage or break your back carrying stuff you’ll never use, if (and only if) you get the most out of your travel experience for which you are paying dearly, then packing light is essential.
Do you want to know how to pack light for a long trip as a woman and still look stylish and extremely good for photos and special occasions when you are traveling for a month or longer?
Packing light and traveling like a pro is a skill that you can learn like any other, and I’ve had to learn this from years of traveling the world and from doing it wrong before getting it right. So in this video, I show you the following in a step-by-step process:
1. How to think about your packing and your travel needs.
2. How to set aside everything you need beforehand.
3. How to create your wardrobe in your mind first.
4. How to choose the best luggage and bags to best protect your stuff.
5. How to roll your clothes instead of folding them for maximum space usage.
6. How to organize all of your essentials in a clean and hygienic way.
7. How to take all of your makeup and toiletries without going overboard.
8. How to feel good and confident about not checking in luggage. Ever.
Yes, I do laundry when traveling.
Here is my tub in the Aria Hotel Suite, while running my Women’s Mastermind Retreat outside in the conference room during the day, I was managing some laundry on the side in the evening.
Me in London Feeling Stylish and Happy
If you want to learn how to travel like a pro, and how to see the world on a tight budget and in style, then check out the comprehensive list of my travel hacks and my best kept secrets for sweet national and international traveling in my book, Travel with Confidence.
Brand Names for Specific Packing Suggestions
Here are some of the references I made in the video.
I made in the video – note that as much as I LOVE these brands, I have chosen the actual piece of luggage or clothing because of its functionality, versatility and durability.
1. eBags TLS Mother Lode Weekender Junior for best MLC: Maximum Legal Carryon luggage.
2. Lucy for excellent long-lasting stretchy travel pants.
3. UniQlo for durable, affordable neutral color tops and stylish vest.
4. Baggallini for rain-proof, expandable purse and jewelry organizing bags.
5. Katmandu for high-quality light wind-protection rain jacket.
6. Ecco for excellent, extremely comfortable, durable leather walking shoes.
7. Sherpani Verve for high-quality laptop messenger bag.
8. ExOfficio for the easy-to-wash stretchy blue sleep or undershirt.
9. Three Dots for the navy stretchy light stylish dress.
The Packing Light Challenge. Are You In?
I’ll close with a packing light challenge for you. Next time you take a trip longer than a week, challenge yourself to take a third less than what you would normally take and absolutely do not check luggage. Use the tips here and your own wonderful best judgement to pack light. What
excuses challenges might you face? Share in the comments.
Get Confident in 21 Easy Steps