For a third time this year, I am returning to this conference that shall not be in named in public unless you are planning funny looks but shall be so here: The World Domination Summit (WDS) in Portland, Oregon. And in preparation, I am ecstatic about meeting so many old faces and as always, a lot of new ones.
Boy was I nervous about writing this post. No matter how much I check my list, no doubt I am forgetting someone who is near and dear to my heart, so please, if that’s you and you don’t show up on my list but know me at all, drop a kind gentle comment and say “Hey, where’s my name? I thought we were friends!!” and I’ll promptly add you on.
Ah, 2012-2013. It’s been a crazy wonderful year beyond my wildest imagination since WDS 2013. Some highlights of what the inspiration from WDS plus the fire in my belly drove me to do:
- August: Published a photographic inspirational book on my favorite poet, Rumi.
- September: Returned to the best film festival in the world: The Toronto Film Festival for a 4th time
- September: Taught Smart Exit Blueprint round 2 to a group of wonderful, talented students.
- October: Spoke to a group of 400 women on a panel about leaving corporate to become an entrepreneur
- November: Studied Ashtanga yoga at a workshop and finally (finally) found home for my Ashtanga path.
- December: Hired my husband out of his cushy corporate job to help me full-time.
- January: Attended and spoke at New Media Expo in Las Vegas.
- February: Went on my luxury African Safari to Kenya and Tanzania. Fell madly in love with the African Elephant.
- March: Wrote this little best-selling book, The Healthy Juicer’s Bible (which just hit the Top 400 books on Amazon!).
- April: Spent my birthday in Chile and fell in love with the people and with Santiago.
- May: Made an unforgettable trip to Istanbul and Izmir of Turkey after a 24 year gap from living there.
- June: Lest I forget the work that has had me glued to my laptop for months, on the verge of launching my program, Crack the Code to Get Promoted, to revolutionize your career in corporate America (watch this space for more).
- Now: Writing a second book for the same fabulous publishers, The Healthy Smoothie Bible, due out in the Spring of 2014.
Most of all, I took care of my health and if you do nothing else at all, please would you do that for yourself?
Now it is July, the first half of 2013 is behind us. Have you taken some massive action this year yet? Well, if not, you have 6 more months, darling, so get busy.
Me, I just am ecstatic to return to WDS to hug and see these lovely old faces below. Funny how some of my closest friends are now my “online” friends, but the heart knows best and it is very excited to re-connect with you lovelies. These people are full of inspiration and powerful stories and out to change the world. Follow them and get inspired to bring about your own change.
Natalie Sisson of Suitcase Entrepreneur
Tess Marshall of The Bold Life
Dan & Vanessa Hayes of Simple Life Together
Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist (where I guest posted July 1st!)
Sibyl Chavis of Possibility of Today
Sandi Amorim of Deva Coaching
Natalie Currie of The Way Finding Coach
Angela and Marc Chernoff of Marc and Angel Hack Life
Chris Ducker of Chris Ducker.com
Meg Worden of Feed Me, Darling
Kendra Kinnison of Habit Chef
Sarah O’Leary of Holistic Hot Sauce
Benny Hsu of Get Busy Living
Nathan Agin of Nonstop Awesomeness
Gregory Berg of Radio Enso
Joshua Waldman of Career Enlightenment
Shanna Trenholm of Writer Catalyst Force of Nature
Julie & Meron of Make-up Magazine, podcasts, and much more.
Chris Guillebeau, the organizer, The Art of Non-Conformity
C.C. Chapman of CC-Chapman.com
Jaime Tardy of Eventual Millionaire
Chris Brogan of Chris Brogan.com
Pamela Slim of Escape from Cubicle Nation
And if you are going to be there, come hang out at the Second Annual Juicing Meet-Up at Prasad. We’ll be there Friday from 10:30am to noon drinking juice – mostly green – and talking health and inspiration and pursuit of dreams and taking massive action to get there. We had 40+ people last year. I’m hoping we break 50 today. See you there?