Welcome back to Episode #54 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is on 11 I-AM phrases to transform your life. Do you ever think about what you say after “I AM”? Do you pay attention to the labels you give yourself, the names you call yourself, the ways that you describe yourself? I want to encourage you to use I AM with intention, with clarity and with absolute consciousness every time. I want you to empower yourself through the use of I AM every time, rather than sabotage and weaken yourself.
Alright, you must listen to the show to hear this amazing quotation that I found for us which is very relevant to the show. The words that follow I AM are the focus of this podcast and when you really focus on that, you can change your thoughts, your actions and with enough practice, your entire life.
Before we get into the show, I want to assure you that the habits we have developed in this area – the use of I AM – are largely driven by our culture. The standards of beauty, strength, and ability are set for us by celebrities, sports figures, super models and Olympic stars. You have to have a large fortune to be considered financially comfortable. You have to have a flat belly and large chest to be considered sexy. You have to attend certain social events to be considered sociable. Sigh. Is this not exhausting just to think about, much less perform on a day to day basis?
I am reminding you of the reality that media and culture paint for you if you allow the influence to shape your thoughts. There is absolutely nothing the matter with these standards and a lot of people enjoy them. But I’ve always felt inadequate and not quite good enough whenever I have viewed my life in this way, and hence all the negative words that have followed my own “I AM”. Today, I suggest a new way and a new pattern and I want to start us on that road by these 11 empowering I AM phrases. Are you ready?
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
11 I-AM Phrases to Transform Your Life Show Notes
1. I am important. YOU MATTER. Your life, your being here, your contributions, it all matters.
2. I am happy. STOP the depressing thoughts. End the endless unhappy cycles. Even if you have issues you are working through, say you are happy and then work through them.
3. I am grateful. Be thankful. Don’t forget the blessings in your life. This does not mean you won’t strive for more. It just means you observe present moment gratitude.
4. I am capable. Take a chapter out of Carrie Wilkerson’s book on this one and STOP SAYING YOU CAN’T!!! How do you know? When was the last time you gave it your absolute all and it failed?
5. I am STRONG. Remind yourself that you are strong. Yes, you! Never ever say you are weak. Always say and believe strong. It will start to manifest itself in ways that get you there more in actuality to fill any gaps.
6. I am full of love and understanding. Try to not express the anger even in the most difficult situations. It always leads to regret.
7. I am healthy. Say it and let it sync in and then if you are not exactly there, it helps you strive for it.
8. I am beautiful. Or I am handsome. Remind yourself and believe it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and you are that beholder. Believe it.
9. I am full of energy and vitality. This is my campaign to forever ban the words “I am tired.” Instead, add the words that mean the opposite.
10. I am hard-working. Believe that you are hard-working. Lazy has no place in your life or your speech.
11. I am a – WRITER, DANCER, SPEAKER, ACTOR, EDUCATOR, ENTERTAINER, whatever you may be! You must first give yourself permission to be it before others can see you in it.
This is just the beginning. Imagine all the words and descriptions that follow those two precious words: I AM. Here are a few more examples in the positive light:
I am punctual
I am respectful
I am polite
I am peaceful
I am patient
I am kind ….. etc etc
Remember: The Smart Exit Blueprint registration ENDS on August 20th! This class is for you ONLY if you are unhappy, unsatisfied and flat out ready for a change from your lousy job and ready to find work that you can find fulfilling and meaningful AND profitable. Check out the Educational 5-video series I made to give you FREE tips if you are not ready to take a whole class on this stuff…. and you are happy with your work in life, then fantastic! Keep doing it!