Welcome back to Episode #46 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is about 8 Ways Podcasting Can Rock Your Communication and we are going to talk about how podcasting can benefit you even if you do not have an online business or even a business per se.
What if you just have a message that you want to share with others? What if you just want to reach people beyond your local circles? What if you want to start a business in the future and attract clients and customers from all over the world? Podcasting is becoming mainstream and it is the perfect time to learn about it and to delve into this world which is SO accessible to all of us.
After nearly one year of loyal weekly podcasting, I want to tell you WHY I podcast and HOW podcasting can improve and enhance our communication. Your communication needs to stand on a toolbox and this toolbox, you develop over time. Just like when you make jewelry, you need many little tools, like scissors, wires, jump rings, clasps, or most of all, beds, you also need tools to enhance and build up your communication, and it happens best when you have your own show, something that is entirely possible in today’ world and it goes by the name of podcasting.
If the way you communicate your message is strong enough, you are going to captivate listeners and audiences no matter what you are talking about. Sure, content and context both matter but the method and style and strength of communication is going to be the biggest key to your reach and your growth. Let’s explore why!
Cliff Ravenscraft, the guru of podcasting world, introduced the show today and I tell you why. Great news: He is bringing back the class that taught me everything about podcasting: Podcasting A to Z Class, and I tell you why I overcame my own hesitation to pay for this class. Now, I know that it was the best investment of my money and I highly recommend it if you want to start your podcast. Thanks to Cliff, if you use the code PROLIFIC at checkout, he is giving you a $100 OFF for being my listener!
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. You hear yourself talk and this becomes more of just the self-talk and through this process, you get better and better as a communicator.
2. You learn to tell a better story through podcasting. I tell you how I have myself improved in my story telling and why this is so compelling for you as a communicator.
3. You become more polished and clean as a speaker and a communicator. The extras that we have in our speech don’t need to be there when you are recording a podcast, and you learn to strike the right balance between natural conversation and a polished speech. These are the filler words that take away the total impact of our speech.
4. You get more focused and to the point. You learn to have a logical and sequential approach in your communication to the listener. You become consistent with a good flow to your speaking and you captivate your listener from the beginning, get them to trust you.
5. You learn to use your voice better. We are blessed with a voice but don’t know how to really use it well. You may be surprised just how much range you can get from your voice, and how well you can project your voice when you speak from your diaphragm and so many other ways where podcasting teaches you to empower that voice.
6. You get better at speaking for an extended period of time and this excludes those long phone chats with friends or family. This is about when you are delivering a talk, describing something, when you need to be polished and to the point. Podcasting enhances this significantly.
7. You pick up your own quirks and eccentricities with the language. These are things you may not even be aware of them but things that the listener may find annoying especially when they are listening to your regular podcasts. Awareness is the first step and then it’s up to you to decide whether to keep them or discard them.
8. You become strong as a communicator and a person, because by the nature of putting yourself out there with your podcast, you open yourself to feedback and unsolicited criticism and dealing with that will no doubt add a layer or two of thick skin on to your bones, and that is the most valuable way that you can enhance your communication and also yourself as a person.
Podcasting can be a huge boon to your business, blog and personal message to the world. Start podcasting the right way, I learned EVERYTHING about my podcasting from Cliff at Podcasting A to Z course. He is giving my readers $100 off with the code: Prolific. The class starts in July!
Eager to hear your thoughts on whether you podcast or have ever thought about it, and whether you listen to podcasts and find them valuable? Share your thoughts in the comments area below and let’s talk!