Welcome back to Episode #44 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is on Episode 44 – How to Properly Introduce yourself. It is both an art and a science, and I am talking about the science part today by sharing my 6-Step Formula to introducing yourself in an unforgettable way to anyone that you meet from here on out!
Think about the ways that you introduce yourself today to people? Do you put any thought into it? Do you just blurt out what comes to mind? Do you have a memorized old line that you pull out and sound like more like an automated machined than yourself? I talk to you about something supremely important today and that is the art and science of introducing yourself properly and unforgettably to the world. And I am a little surprised I haven’t covered this very basic topic in our daily communications until now but better late than never, no?
As bloggers and online entrepreneurs, we can get so caught up sometimes in the technology, services, tools and gadgets instead of working on our communication skills. New shiny objects pop up everyday and while there is a place for them in our business, it is important to focus on your communications basics first before getting lost in the world of technology!
In life, we meet many, many people and we never ever know in advance what can become of that encounter, and what opportunities may come to us from just a meeting, but that’s exactly where everything starts: when two people meet for the first time, and we are not talking romance here. We are talking business and it is all in the ultimate interest of YOUR business, so let us talk about what sets this whole thing in motion: Introducing yourself.
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. The difference between elevator pitch and introducing yourself well and why I am right behind Michael Port in eradicating the elevator pitch from our vernacular and why that does not really apply to you.
2. I tell you how I would introduce myself to you if I were to meet you today, and I use that as an example to give you some tips on what to do and what not to do in introducing yourself.
3. Tips on how to introduce yourself by practicing your name, preparing your introduction, and paying attention to what you are going to say – that’s 3 Ps so easy to remember!
4. An example of the most creative introduction by a woman who introduces herself by saying: “I help CEOs of Fortune 500 companies be more productive and win more sales for their companies in the most natural way!” – If you want to know what she does, listen to the podcast.
5. Step 1 of the 6 step formula: Be short and sweet with your introduction – it should not take more than 20 seconds max, and ideally around 10-15 seconds.
6. Step 2 of the 6 step formula: Be captivating – and how do you do that? Listen for my tips in the podcast.
7. Step 3 of the 6 step formula: Be prepared but don’t come across as though you memorized your own introduction.
8. Step 4 of the 6 step formula: Show sincerity and why you should never fake it till you make it when you are doing your introduction.
9. Step 5 of the 6 step formula: Go for clarity and not for cleverness or vagueness and why you should never ever use an acronym in your introduction.
10. Step 6 of the 6 step formula: Let your creativity shine and examples on how to be creative with your introduction.
11. I wrap our episode by telling you a few top reasons why you should put real thought in how you introduce yourself to the world next time an opportunity shows up for you to do so!
Reminder: You can still grab The Positive Affirmations for Life program with more than 4 hours of audio affirmations for 7 life situations that impact your happiness and success the most.