Welcome back to Episode #36 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is on The First Rule of Confidence: Love Yourself. Do you know how to love yourself?
That’s right. We talk about love today, baby, so listen up. Loving yourself is one of the most fundamental parts of becoming a confident person, and that plays a huge role in your interactions, both with the world and with yourself. It is part intuition, part following your gut feel to be kind to yourself, and part an obligation – you owe it to yourself, you do!
We explore this topic today where I ask you deep questions and make you reflect on your life. Please feel free to be beautifully selfish for the next 30 minutes as you tune in to this show.
The inspiration for talking about confidence comes from a FREE program on Confidence Building Series that I am offering all my email subscribers. If you want in on the tips, resources, and exercises on building confidence for you in bite-size chunks every other week then just go to the top right hand corner of this page here and sign up. The program will be in your Inbox starting early April 2012.
Loving yourself should not depend on your situation or outside factors in your life. You should not wait for life to be better before you love yourself. It is particularly hard to love yourself when you feel guilty for something in your life. For instance, if you have been in an accident and now your life is a mess – but don’t let yourself go into a self-hatred self-berating mode either. Life tests us and I know you can still tap into self-love somewhere in there even in the extreme situations.
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. Why loving yourself is a huge part of building your confidence, and why loving yourself is not so much selfish as it is self-nurturing.
2. What it really means to love yourself – and why this is not narcissistic and egotistical as it is absolutely normal and necessary, in fact, as necessary and normal, if not more, than loving all the other people in your life.
3. On inspiration from Louise Hay and the power of changing your thoughts first and how they create your life. And how this relates to happiness and to loving yourself, and how no one is exempt from this rule.
4. Do You Love Yourself? And if you don’t, why not? This is the question you must answer before you can start seeking answers to other big questions in life such as happiness, confidence, and being a master communicator.
5. How do you know whether you love yourself. First, it is in how you treat yourself. Listen to the ways that you can be doing the wrong and harsh way or the right and kind way and learn to recognize those in your own life.
6. My story of becoming an early riser – 4:30am every day, baby! – and the shift of going from a harsh discipline to loving and gentle pushing and how it has changed the impact of my own decision and promise to myself.
7. Another expression of love is in how you take care of yourself. Are you getting enough rest? Are you taking care of your body and your mind, or are you always putting other people first?
8. I ask you questions here that might create a shift in your mindset, please listen in and answer these questions honestly.
9. The beautiful and difficult Louise Hay Mirror Rule for you to do first thing in the morning. Can you do it? I know you can, if I can do it. Let’s give it a try.