Welcome back to Episode #28 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is how to identify your strengths, and how to leverage them best in all aspects of your life, including your daily interactions and communications with the world. This is inspired by Marcus Buckingham’s studies, StrengthFinder – check out my reviews when I read it in 2007.
I was inspired recently by listening again to a workshop that was recorded on the Oprah show where Marcus takes a group of women – although the advice applies to all – through the process of identifying and playing to their strengths in the real – and very messy – world of the workplace. I found his insights fascinating!
So in this episode, I take you through some of tips and ideas that I learned and have used in the past on how you can spot your strengths and do more of the activities that make you feel stronger, while doing less of your weaknesses or activities that leave you feeling weak and drained.
By the way, I wanted to give a few shout-outs to some amazing readers and followers of the blog who have been exceptionally supportive. It is by no means everyone and I’ll continue to bring this back into the podcasts. You’ll have to listen to find out!
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. How society and people tell us what we are good at and the myriad of skills, talents, passions and gifts can get a little confusing or paralyzing even, and how strengths can clarify that.
2. The definition of strengths versus weaknesses and how to quickly identify the difference, plus what makes for great focus.
3. Why how you feel at the end of a task and a project determines precisely whether that is a strength and a weakness.
4. What if you love something and you are good at it but it still leaves you feeling drained. Is that still a strength or is that a weakness?
5. Why you should want to be in a place where you capitalize on your strengths?
6. How does knowing your strength even help you in moving forward in the right direction?
7. How to take measured steps in changing your approach to work when you have identified that you are operating from weaknesses.
8. A final power tip on how to renew your overall approach to life when you learn about your strengths.
Do You Love the Podcast?
To my fabulous listeners: If you enjoy the podcast, please do an iTunes ratings for me. It goes a long way to keep the podcast going strong and spread the word. Thank you for listening!