Welcome back to Episode #21 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is about creating smart interactions when using social media as a whole.
We talk about what social media is, how to engage and take advantage of this amazing opportunity at our fingertips, thanks to advancements in technology. Whether you are an old pro at social media or brand new to the idea altogether, you will find useful information in this podcast.
What I love about social media is that it removes the compelling drive for everyone out there to have their own website and blog. Even though it’s tons of fun and I highly recommend that you do go out there, and look up some domain names and get yourself a great site, I still believe that if you are not into that, you can use social media as your platform to reach the world with your message.
RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. Defining social media for those of you who are so lucky as to not be privy to this obsessive world of communication and interaction!
2. Before doing anything on social media, why you should define your goals and your intent on using social media, and how to make the right decisions for yourself.
3. What are the top 4 platforms for social media, and the concept of forums and communities as an off-shoot of social media.
4. How your approach to social media can change over time and all the different ways you can use it to your advantage and golden nuggets from Gary Vaynerchuck on Thank You Economy.
5. Why it’s just fine if you are using social media without any end goal in mind, so long as you are staying true to what is important to you.
6. What never ever do when using social media, and why this is a risk that you cannot afford to take.
7. How to draw a smart personal boundary in your use of social media and why you should never follow what others are doing at the expense of what is comfortable for you.
8. Why it is dumb to use location services on social media when you could be saying something more interesting and useful.
9. The top two questions to ask about your interactions on social media to make sure you are staying interesting and informative.
“It’s like old friends meeting for the first time.”
Your Thoughts on This:
What is the most challenging daily interaction of all for you, one that you struggle with the most? Let me know in the comments below and don’t be surprised if I dedicate an entire podcast to it!