Welcome back to Episode #2 of The Daily Interaction podcast. In this episode, I picked a topic to which we can all relate: having clarity in our communications and interactions.
In today’s show, I focus on the interactions and communications that happen to us in person and how we can recognize the clarity – or lack thereof – in those times and refine them over time.
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. My personal story on how I thought I was going deaf, but how that awakening shone a clarifying light on my social interactions whilst amongst others.
2. Why and how lack of clarity in your interactions can cost you in many ways in both your personal and business relationships. This one comes loaded with examples!
3. Taking the Edgar Allen Poe test, with the Raven no less. Yes, I give you a short reading of two stanzas from the Raven to prove a good point.
4. Why we should never make the listener or the recipient of our message work so hard to understand us.
5. What are some common things that make us mere human beings go off the scale and risk clarity in our interactions.
6. What are some things you can do – quick and easy and with a huge return – to make sure that your next personal interaction is crystal clear.
News alert: The Daily Interaction is in iTunes now! Here’s our official podcast page. It took exactly 48 hours. Very impressed by their speed of approval. So you can now put it on your iPod or listening device if you subscribe, which of course you will, what am I saying! I should say thank you for listening.
Friday Format: This is going to be our Friday formats going forward on the blog. You will have a new podcast episode here and on iTunes plus a short little blog post, such as this one, containing the show notes along the podcast.
Your thoughts on the show: I am looking into setting up a voice line for the show to get your thoughts and questions in and incorporate them but the comments are a great place for you to tell me what topics you want to hear in the Daily Interaction.