Welcome back to our Episode #68 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is inspired by a personal story; I titled it: Why Being a Copycat Destroys Your True Essence, and yes, there is a copycat in my life and you know what, she is sadly destroying her own true essence by copying work and my style and my way of running my business, and what a terrible act of self-sabotage.
So please indulge me today on the show as we talk about what makes someone want to copy your work and how we can help them see that this is only hurting them. A lot.
Sometimes, we overreact and may think someone else is “copying” our work whereas they are simply taking away inspiration and trying to apply what you are preaching. I had the same initial thoughts, and so I decided to ask a few of my confidantes and they confirmed that this does look like this young woman is indeed copying my work and my style, and so much more.
Perhaps I am still over-reacting and they are still seeing something that’s not there, but my intuition – or my inner guidance, as my friend Angela calls it – rarely if ever has been false. So I trust it and I hope and pray that this person realizes that not only is she hurting her own chances of success, she’s doing that by also completely destroying her own true essence. Now on to the show!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Show Notes for Why Being a Copycat Destroys Your True Essence
1. What it means to be a copycat – I define it for you so we are talking about the same thing.
2. Why being a copycat can be an attractive act and why that thinking is completely flawed.
3. How being a copycat destroys your true essence by robbing you of your true potential and all originality and authenticity that you may have inside of you, even if you are not exactly finding your own voice yet.
4. The lack of confidence, the insecurity and lack of self-worth can prompt you to copying someone else and think that you can be successful just by copying and that’s far from the truth.
5. What is the biggest act of self-sabotage and how the copycat misses this whole point because if they knew this, they’d never ever do the copycatting, if you will!
6. Why laziness can tempt you into copying the work of someone else and why that is so terribly wrong and a disservice to you.
7. When insecurities and doubts seep into your life, you act in ways that you won’t be proud of yourself later. How to watch for this.
8. How a copycat is ignoring their own resources and creativity and giving in to laziness and other lousy excuses to copying others, and remember that there is nothing like being true to your true essence, or else you will never feel a sense of accomplishment about anything that you do. Ever. Now that’s a big loss.
They say love makes the world go round but confidence isn’t too far behind in making a lot happen in your life either. So get grounded, and learn how to tap into and awaken your confidence by this FREE 21-Step Confidence Building Program. Check out the confidence-myth-busting video or sign up below:
Get Confident in 21 Easy Steps