Welcome back to Episode #56 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is 3 Reasons to Invest in Yourself. As you may know, we are in the midst of registrations for the last offering of the Smart Exit Blueprint so if you want in, you gotta grab your seat now.
During my Q&A calls, this question came up a few times in that regard: Why should I invest in myself? So I answer that question – and several more around investing in yourself – in sweet detail in this podcast. If you want some more of my tough love, you must listen to this episode.
Investing in yourself is a phrase I first heard early in my corporate career. Until then, I had only heard of making investments in the stock market or housing industry – my Dad has a thing about “investing in land”! So the concept of investing in YOURSELF was new to me. What could that mean? Does it mean buying myself makeup and new clothes? Does it mean a vacation? New shoes? New car? Or is it beyond that?
Today, the idea of investing in yourself is more common but it’s not nearly discussed as much, hence our podcast episode today!
You know what the term means. Or you should! It means you invest in your own growth and education by acquiring the services or resources of experts in your desired area of learning and growth. You eat up their free resources such as these free educational videos, their paid services, their time in exchange for your money, and in this process, you do far more than spending your money.
We call this an investment because you expect to see returns, and you don’t expect to just come out even. You expect to multiply your initial investment by many folds. Now that’s a real sweet investment. The results: A better, happier, more successful and more prosperous you!
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
3 Reasons to Invest in Yourself Show Notes
1. What does it even mean to invest in yourself? I define the concept of investing in yourself and compare it to the opposite – when you try to do it all alone without investing in yourself and make you aware of how you are doing this oh so subconsciously all the time.
2. What investing in yourself is and is not? I give you specific examples and help you relate them to your own every day life.
3. Why we turn to experts so that they can show us what would take us time, effort and money? And in fact, what is an expert and why are they so valuable to us?
4. Number 1 of 3 reasons to invest in yourself: You save time! Listen in for the details.
5. Number 2 of 3 reasons to invest in yourself: You save effort! Listen in for the stories.
6. Number 3 of 3 reasons to invest in yourself: You save money! Listen in for the money talk.
7. The debate between using FREE or PAID information and why while everything is essentially freely available, it makes no earthly sense for you to figure it out on your own time and effort and money!
8. When to use an expert and when to figure things out on your own and how to find the balance.
So that brings us to YOU: When was the last time you invested purely in yourself, your own growth and success and future? Share your answers in the comments! Can’t wait to read them!
Remember: The Smart Exit Blueprint registration ENDS on August 20th! This class is for you if you are unhappy, unsatisfied and flat out ready for a change from your job and ready to find work that is fulfilling and profitable. Check out the Educational 5-video series I made to give you FREE immediate actionable steps.