Welcome back to Episode #62 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic 8 Success Mindsets for Employment vs. Entrepreneurship. Before you learn the tools and techniques of the trade in each place, you need to have the right frame of mind, the right way of thinking, the perspective and viewpoints that are going to make you successful in each stage: the stage of employment versus the stage of entrepreneurship, or self-employment. Do you know these different mindsets so you do not make fatal mistakes that are hard to recover from? Do you know the shift you need to make as you go from one to the other?
In this blog post, I talked to you about the right mindset for success, and every single one of those will be necessary for your overall personal success. In this podcast, we delve deeper into what it takes to think and act as a successful and thriving employee versus a successful and thriving entrepreneur. If you are in transition from one to the other, or like to make a shift in the future in either direction in your career, then you will need to know the right mindset before entering either place!
Disclaimer: I am not making the claim that employment is better or worse than entrepreneurship in this episode. In fact, it is impossible to say because you may be ideal for one at one stage in your life and transition to the other later on. I give you strategies for success for both an employee mindset and an entrepreneur mindset. I’ve been both and learned a lot, and if you don’t come into either game knowing these strategies, you will be set up for failure, so listen up!
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Show Notes for 8 Success Mindsets for Employment vs. Entrepreneurship
1. The Boss Mindset: How do you work and treat your boss versus act as your own boss and what does it take to do both well. I also reference this timeless post by Paul Graham: You Weren’t Meant to Have a Boss
2. The Self-motivation vs. No Motivation mindset: Motivation makes everything better doesn’t it? Except you don’t necessarily need it to survive and do well in a corporate career as much as you do when you are out on your own.
3. The Direction, Mission and Vision Mindset: Who sets the direction of your career as an employee versus a self-employed super star? Are you ready to take on the challenge into your own hands?
4. The Failure and Criticism Handling Mindset When customers or clients aren’t happy, do you handle it well if you are not part of an organization?
5. Income or salary mindset: There is no lower limit or upper possibility with income when you are that self-employed super star and this can go either way, it’s all up to you. As an employee, you get a fixed pay. Which works best for you?
6. Fears, insecurities and support mindset: Who is your support system when you are an entrepreneur versus an employee when these emotions surface?
7. Your systems, processes and workflow mindset: There is an established way of doing things in a company versus when you are on your own and systems ensure your success so you cannot do away with them. Which way is better for you?
8. The importance of self-discipline and time management: The structure inherent to working at a company keeps you in check and helps you get things done. How do you manage this as an entrepreneur? What works best for you to establish the path to success?
Tap into Natural Energy for Productivity
What is the 9th mindset?
I gave you 8 mindsets of success here. What is the 9th one? How do you manage that as an employee versus an entrepreneur? Share your thoughts on this topic in the comments. Tell me which one you are right now and what works best for you in that position! Plus hop on the newsletter below to get free strategies on your career, wherever you may be!
Accelerate Your Career
Grab Your Free Email Course!