Welcome back to Episode #41 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is on Eliminating What’s Not Working of The Daily Interaction podcast.
Can you take a moment to scan your interactions and communications and see what’s not working – what is something that you keep doing that’s not serving you well anymore and before you add anything new, can you eliminate that thing which is getting in the way? That is the topic today and I am so excited to share this concept with you because you can put it to use right away.
Elimination of that which does not serve me anymore has been one of the areas that I am focusing on in my communications and I bring it to you today in a practical and actionable way. It is something you can put to use right away because you don’t need anything new. This works with what you already have and do and removes what’s not working and in the process, you enhance your way of doing the same thing with leaps and bounds. Plus you gain tremendous confidence in the process!
In this podcast episode, I share with you the simple, quick and yet powerful ways that you can change the way you do things by simply removing what is not working. Just like I should not worry about increasing my savings before fixing my credit rating, and just like I should not add new clothes to my closet before removing what I’m not wearing, I know that I should learn to remove what is not serving me well in my interactions and communications with the world BEFORE adding NEW things on top!
This will seem subtle to you at first but not only does it have a large impact on outcomes, it will make you feel lighter, more aligned to who you really are and how you want to be perceived in your interactions with the world around you. So get ready with a cuppa tea and take a listen!
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. Why it is so important to eliminate before you add and how I came across this new concept as part of my self-improvement journey and why you might be under-estimating the power of elimination.
2. My own biggest task on what I need to eliminate in my dealings with my own family. What is yours?
3. An exercise to scan your words and phrases – your common reactions in the world around you – and think about whether that is the best way to handle something. Is it working?
4. How to be exactly as you are, with all of your essence and your ways of doing things intact, and still experience something remarkably noticeable in your improved interactions.
5. Understanding the total effect and the full scale of what you say and do and portray (with your body language) and how to become aware of it and then tweak it with the smallest act of elimination.
6. The example of how you can totally change the perception in the way you come across in the smallest and barely noticeable acts, especially when you are being watched, and what exactly to do to shift that around.
7. How to change poor thought patterns and old beliefs by asking this one single powerful question: “Is it true?” and by examining the true answer rather than the old assumptions.
8. Food and closet analogies – for this one, you must take a listen to the podcast as I can’t do it justice!
9. The importance of enjoying the “empty space” and how to work through this discomfort so that it become comfortable and how to begin to apply the elimination process slowly but effectively to your communications and even to your life.
Do You Enjoy The Daily Interaction podcasts?
A huge shout-out to those of you who left reviews on iTunes, THANK YOU guys!! And if you like these conversations and want to support the podcast, I am not accepting donations – the podcasts are FREE and yours to enjoy – but boy would I love you if you took a few minutes to do an honest iTunes ratings for it. It goes a long way to keep the podcast going strong and spread the word. Thank you for listening!