Welcome back to Episode #34 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is Top 8 Healthy Interactions with Yourself. We examine the nature of our relationship with ourselves, and talk about how we can interact far more effectively, lovingly and positively with ourselves by integrating these 8 healthy ways. The greatest relationship of all starts with you, the one you have with yourself.
Remember that forcing yourself to do any of these pillars won’t work. You have to come to a place where you openly embrace them, where you are ready to discard old behaviors and pick up new ones, and that’s when they will stay with you.
Guess Who is the Fresh Voice This Episode:
Gregory Berg, the owner of Radio Enso, is an amazing guy with a great deep radio voice as you heard, and one who loves meditation, photography and the radio. He has honored me with his interviews not once but twice already and the rest of his archives are golden so be sure to take a listen to his show.
We have Re-Branded: Introducing the New Podcast Logo
I say we because I didn’t do the re-branding. I just got the haircut and decided to bring you a fresh new look and a brand new start. So I went back to my fabulous amazing talented graphic designer, Rhonda of Kuroneko Design, and here we are.
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
The Daily Interaction is now also available on Stitcher. If you have a Smartphone, this is the ultimate way to listen to podcasts. Download this awesome app for free. After download, be sure to enter the promo code: dailyinteraction!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. Honesty: Do you tell the truth to yourself? And what happens when you lie to yourself? I give you examples of why that does not work out best in the long term and how to practice telling the truth to yourself. And what happens when you start being honest with yourself.
2. Kindness: What does it even mean to be kind to yourself? My grandmother instilled this one in me and it has been a great balancer in my relationship with myself. I encourage you to be kind to yourself and give you reasons why you really should consider this in place of the criticism and the harshness that we usually hand our inner self.
3. Curiosity: I have recently been working a lot on this and this is one way to really understand why you make certain decisions and take certain actions, especially if you make unusual decisions once in a while. So here, I give you tools how to awaken your own senses with curiosity and what kind of questions to ask yourself.
4. Firmness: This is the perfect balance between kindness and criticism. It is setting and meeting your own expectations of yourself, and therefore, enables you to accomplish things but do so in the right spirit. I articulate for you the way you can show yourself this firmness and the benefits when you do this.
5. Positive: I admit just what kind of a negative – or what I used to call, “realistic” – person I used to be and just how far I have come, and I encourage you to be positive with tangible reasons, because I prove to you that how you are in your attitude – positive, neutral or negative – actually clearly affects the outcome and naturally, you want that outcome to be favorable.
6. Forgiveness: Why should we forgive ourselves and how do we go about doing it? I have found this one to be difficult but necessary. I talk about why forgiveness is necessary to continue on a path where you can be your best. I also talk about how you should forgive and still find ways to make up for what you did wrong if you feel indebted to someone whose feelings you hurt.
7. Leadership: I use Christine Kane as an example in her recent talks about leading yourself. It is crucial for you to lead yourself and to learn to be intimately familiar with self-leadership because otherwise, you are at the mercy of what happens TO YOU and not what you decide happens to you. So it’s moving away from the mindset of being a victim and instead a mindset of being in charge and in control of your life.
8. Love: Louise Hay says this best when she tells you what to do first thing you wake up and I tell you more about the powers of admitting loud and clear just how much you love yourself just as you are, and why it sets the tone of the day before it even begins. This one is last but it is also one of the most important aspects of that healthy interaction with the self.
Want to give some love back to the podcasts?
A huge shout-out to those of you who left reviews on iTunes, THANK YOU guys!! And if you like these conversations and want to support the podcast, I am not accepting donations – the podcasts are FREE and yours to enjoy – but boy would I love you if you took a few minutes to do an honest iTunes ratings for it. It goes a long way to keep the podcast going strong and spread the word. Thank you for listening!