Daring truth bombs about entrepreneurship. Brace yourself
Have you ever dreamt of owning your own business? Or being your own boss? Or starting your own little company?
Entrepreneurship is not made for a special few, you know? It is something you can claim at any age, in any circumstances of family or career, and with any background or experience in your name and in any fashion your little heart desires, darling.
But the trouble is most smart professionals, like yourself, dismiss the idea of becoming self-employed and disqualify themselves without ever trying.
How do I know? Because I was in that misguided club until I resigned. My excuses were so very good though:
- Oh I don’t have an MBA.
- I have no idea how to run a business.
- I got no prior experience. Just full-time employee to someone else.
- It’s scary and unfamiliar and I’m not comfortable.
- It’s too late. God I’m not 20 (or even 30!) anymore
- I have no funds to invest in my own company.
- I don’t know how to be my own boss.
Lies, self-deception and more damn lies. Ignore them if you hear the same excuses in your head.
Listen, the actual reason I started my own company is because I was driven to absolute misery and borderline insanity with working at my corporate job. In that place, I knew I had no choice but to work for myself. Working for anyone else was just inconceivable.
So, my word of advice for you is this: Don’t wait that long. Don’t delay the decision to do this. Time is your greatest baddest asset. Use It Well.
If you’re unhappy at your job, MOVE. Do something. Start a side-hustle or a whole company. Yes. You!
So how to be a successful entrepreneur? It’s a question many have asked but the experts have already answered. Why not use their answers to your advantage?
Truth bomb: You are more gifted, more talented, more skilled than you give yourself credit. You are more capable, more resourceful and more creative than you can begin to imagine. You are already an entrepreneur. You were born with the gifts of running your own show. You picked up the excuses here on earth.
Now it’s time to learn, to grow, to push yourself. That’s what successful entrepreneurs do. Comfort is a taboo word for the willfully self-employed.
And learning from successful entrepreneurs is how you will stay inspired, something you’re gonna need. So learn from their success AND their mistakes. Follow their rules to live by and you can make smarter faster better decisions as a result.
32 Simples Rules Successful Entrepreneurs Live By
1. Value your time more than money. So don’t waste your time. Guard your time.
2. Fail big. Fail often. Failure is not a problem at all. Fear of failure is a waste of time.
3. Invest in yourself. Get a coach. Take courses. You don’t have time to learn it on your own.
4. Do uncomfortable things. If it’s comfortable, push yourself more.
5. Focus on your strengths. Outsource your weaknesses.
6. Get others to help you. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
7. Be vulnerable. You are not made of rocks and stones. And vulnerability is an act of courage.
8. Speak up. If you don’t tell the world what you are doing, they won’t know about it.
9. Promote yourself without shame but do it with sincerity and in a genuine way.
10. Create only what you can be proud of and what you can absolutely stand by.
11. Understand that you won’t appeal to everyone and if you did, you would fail.
12. Treat your competitors as your role models. Learn from them. Don’t be threatened by them.
13. Think big. Have a big vision of what you intend to accomplish from the get-go.
14. See yourself as a player in this playing field. Don’t exclude yourself because you are new or inexperienced.
15. Believe in your ultimate success and reaffirm it every single day.
16. Surround yourself with people who share your core values and will lift you higher in your business.
17. Make great friends with money. Wealth is a tool you can use however you choose.
18. Accept that you will have to make compromises that your family or friends may question. Be okay with that.
19. Take care of yourself. This is a long road and you need to be fit for it.
20. Adopt a winning mindset. Learn tools and habits that will help you cultivate it.
21. Find a fierce support group. A mastermind. A small group of like minded peers.
22. Validate your work and your worth by how you feel about it, by what difference you make, not by what others say.
23. Make yourself a deal that if you ever lose excitement for doing this, you will stop. Never force entrepreneurship. You can always get a job.
24. Aspire to make a difference and chip at that vision daily, hourly, bite by bite, inch by inch.
25. Find inspiration and guidance in those who have mastered what you are trying to accomplish.
26. Become an expert in your field and share the expertise openly with the world. Don’t hoard information.
27. Pursue the passion relentlessly. Pursue it in the light and in the dark, when you are weary and disappointed.
28. Ignore the naysayer, the complainers, the haters, the doubters, and just do the work you believe in.
29. Cultivate patience. This is not a sprint. It’s a marathon of many miles.
30. Reward and recognize the success milestones. It’s about praise for what you have done as much as anticipation for what’s to come.
31. Grow every day as an entrepreneur, grow with your ideas, your goals, and the pull of possibility.
32. Believe in yourself. More than anything, every day wake up and remember that you are meant to do this, that you are here for a reason and this – being an entrepreneur and creating work that is worth doing and will lead to a legacy, that matters. You matter. And so you keep going.
There’s never been a better time to leave behind your job, and your role as an employee, A year from now, you’ll wish you had started today.
Start today then.
Need a hand in switching from Employee to Entrepreneur? I can help.
It just so happens that I’ve gone through this transition, and helped many others do the same – their stories are here – and there is no reason you should have to make this difficult transition on your own.
So if you mean business, and are seriously about taking your career and essentially your life into your own hands, and creating your own success in business, then go through the proven system that I teach here in Smart Exit Blueprint course. It works. Now I want it to work for you!