What Happens When You Stop the Self-sabotage
I will allow life’s changes to make me better, not bitter. ~Unknown
Where do we pick up this cycle of constantly beating ourselves up? Here I was evaluating how our company has done in 2013 with my business partner and hubby – our first year of working full-time together – and in reality, it has been a phenomenal year, and I have worked my little behind off like no other time in my life.
Our first traditionally published book, The Healthy Juicer’s Bible, hit the bookstores in March, I wrote and submitted a second book due out in March, I released a major career-transforming product for the struggling corporate employees, I expanded my coaching program, re-opened Smart Exit Blueprint, grew this little blog, learned how to work with my husband as a business partner, traveled the world from Africa to Turkey to Asia to Canada just to count the few highlights, and I deepened my Ashtanga yoga practice.
These accomplishments did not come to me then. Instead, all the should-have-could-have flooded to my head. I sat there, recounting ways I wasted time and wondering what else I could do better, faster and more efficiently. I can only see them now because my husband pointed them out, the undeniably positive spirit that he is.
So guess what? You are doing better – much, much better – than you think.
You have to stop sabotaging your own progress with the negative thoughts that make you wish for another story. You are exactly where you belong at this moment and you have to open your eyes and see it for what it is.
There is always room to grow, to get better, to raise the bar, to accomplish more, but only if you have made the time to realize you are better than you think and you are doing better than you give yourself credit.
31 Reasons You Are Much Better than You Think
I wrote these out in the form of affirmations so you can say them, memorize them and believe them because I may not know you, but I believe in you and know these apply to you.
1. You are smart, resourceful and brilliant.
2. You help anyone that needs you without a second thought.
3. You care about being a good person and living an honest life.
4. You are a kind, compassionate and grateful person.
5. You honor your core values and what’s important to you.
6. You invest in yourself and your own growth and development.
7. You have great hopes for your own future.
8. You are a responsible stand-up citizen of this world and of your country.
9. You are setting a great example for others in everything you do.
10. You believe in the goodness of humanity and have a pure heart.
11. You believe in the beauty of your dreams and plan to pursue them.
12. You have already taken the first step to pursue your dreams.
13. You bring useful and important ideas to life.
14. You put your knowledge and information to good use every day.
15. You affect the lives of those around you even if it seems like in small ways to you.
16. You don’t give up even if things go wrong and life beats you down.
17. You have a creative genius and you let yourself tap into it.
18. You take steps every day towards creating the life of your dreams.
19. You correct your mistakes without shame.
20. You look your fear in the face and don’t let it stop you.
21. You improve yourself with constructive feedback from caring outsiders.
22. You are humble and learn from life’s lesson and let it make you better.
23. You are stronger and harder to break than you think.
24. You are surrounded by friends and family that care about you.
25. You are more generous than you realize.
26. You have worked hard in your life and earned your success.
27. You have not let life’s scars make you cynical or bitter.
28. You have a caring gentle soul and are a gift to so many around you.
29. You are an important asset to your community and your work.
30. You are building a life that will leave a beautiful legacy behind.
31. You are a much better person and the world is a better place because of you.
Stop shaking your head. It’s all true.
You may read some of these and shake your head, but I know that’s only because you are letting the self-sabotage get the best of you. Free yourself of the self-berating, let your true self breathe a little fresh air, and allow yourself to celebrate who you are.
When you do this, you open the doors to true abundance and your life will flood you with love, compassion, understanding, choices, options, and doors of opportunity.
How do I know? Because self-sabotage used to rule my kingdom. Not anymore. It’s time you reclaimed your power, darling! It’s waiting to show you just how brilliant you really and truly are!
Your turn: Do you stand up for yourself? Or do you berate yourself instead? Share your thoughts in the comments.