Welcome back to Episode #66 of The Daily Interaction podcast. I just love it when one of my listeners sends in a request, so thank you dear Tamkara from Nigeria for asking me to talk about this topic: how do you know when to stay out of it and when to pry to find out more about a problem that your friends, family, colleagues, or peers are having. You know you care about them but how do you show you care without coming across as nosy.
Got a topic you want me to talk about on the podcast? Tell me about it by leaving a comment or an email.
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Show Notes for Knowing When to Probe in the Right Manner and Spirit
1. Looking inward before going to the outside world. Taking an honest look at yourself and how you think people perceive you.
2. Questions to ask yourself before you decide how to probe or pry into other people’s business.
3. Assessing the level of your relationship and reversing the situation to see how you would yourself react.
4. How to ask them about it, the exact phrases to use and the way that you can say them with lots of care.
5. The risks you are taking and how minimal they are so why you should go for deeply caring.
6. Understanding the seriousness of the situation, whether it’s a spat with a spouse or a matter of life and death and other grave situations.
7. How to pry or probe in the workplace and how to act professional while caring.
8. How to act when your boss is the person in this situation and not forgetting your boundaries when the boss opens up to you.
9. How this situation can ease tensions in an awkward work relationship so being aware of this is important.
Want to give some love to the podcast?
A huge shout-out to those of you who left reviews on iTunes, THANK YOU guys!! And if you like these conversations and want to support the podcast, I am not accepting donations – the podcasts are FREE and yours to enjoy – but boy would I love you if you took a few minutes to do an honest iTunes ratings for it. It goes a long way to keep the podcast going strong and spread the word. Thank you for listening!
And don’t forget to grab your 21-Step Confidence Building Series (check out the video I made you here) and sign up to get it below: