Come Travel with Me: How to Pack Light for a Long Trip
If you want to see my pack for traveling to Europe from North America for 5 weeks without checking in luggage, then check out my first packing video.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you found this video useful!
Welcome to my 2nd packing video for traveling to Japan for 3 weeks.
I show you how to pack light as a woman and still look plenty stylish and yet not check in any luggage when you are traveling internationally. Are you ready?
Travel brings power and love back into your life. ~ Rumi
My Favorite Brands When I Pack for Long Trips
Here are the references made in the video – I LOVE these brands, I have chosen them for their great functionality, quality, versatility and durability, all of which comes in very handy when you are traveling long distance and want to go light:
1. eBags TLS Mother Mini 21″ Wheeled Duffel and eBags packing cubes.
2. Patagonia Messenger laptop bag.
3. Patagonia stretchy travel pants.
4. Kathmandu warm fleece women top.
5. Ecco excellent, extremely comfortable walking leather shoes.
6. KEEN slip-on shoes.
7. UniQlo durable, affordable neutral color tops.
9. Express skinny jeans.
10. Be Present yoga pants.
11. Columbia women top.
12. Yoga clothes by Zella.
13. Mod Lusive cardigan.
14. Gorilla Pod tripod.
15. UniQlo rain jacket and hoodie jacket.
16. Baggallini for rain-proof, expandable purse and jewelry organizing bags.
17. PURE yoga mat.
18. Toss & Travel skincare.
19. doTERRA Essential oils.
Check out my earlier packing light blog post where I go to Europe for 5 weeks and mention my favorite tips and tricks.
Below, hi from Japan. I’m publishing this post from my trip, and I’ve just bought the jacket that I mentioned I’d be buying when I get here. Come visit Japan. It’s a beautiful country!
Become a Pro Light Packer
Packing light and traveling like a pro is a skill that you can learn, not something you’re born with.
I’ve had to learn this from years of traveling the world and from doing it wrong a lot before getting it down to a mini science. My one big conclusion is that it’s best not to check in luggage whenever you can help it.
So in this video, I show you the following in a step-by-step process:
1. How to think about your packing and your travel needs.
2. How to set aside everything you need beforehand.
3. How to decide on your airplane and travel clothes first.
4. How to choose the best luggage for best travel experience.
5. How to roll your clothes instead of folding them for maximum space usage.
6. How to use packing cubes to organize your packing even further.
7. How to organize all of your essentials in a clean and hygienic way.
8. How to take all of your makeup and toiletries without going overboard.
9. How to feel good and confident about not checking in luggage.
Travel where Your Heart Takes You
Travel far enough, you meet yourself. ~ David Mitchell
If you want to learn more about traveling the world, going to your dream destination spots, and making it a reality in your life, then grab my comprehensive travel guide complete with instructions on packing like a pro, traveling in style and check-list before you leave the house and get on the road.