Why I Started Green Juicing and How It Has Changed My Health – and Life
I had my FIRST green juice in 2007 and I am nowhere near my last one! One day, I was just done with being sick and tired and fat. You know? And I didn’t want to chalk it up to work, stress or age. I wanted to reclaim my health, to shed the extra awful pounds and to find a smart and sustainable habit for my wholeness!
Enter green juicing, baby!
In my early 30s, I looked good but didn’t FEEL great! I wanted to look and feel fantastic. So I started learning about the ins and outs of green juicing – which I teach you in detail and for FREE in my exclusive juicing newsletter. For the first year, I was juicing up to 5 times a week. The results on my body stunned me: I lost the stubborn weight, my skin cleared up, my energy soared to the roof and I was feeling better than I did in my 20s! This stuff is for real. Juicing works!
Today (updated note in 2012), I have found a better balance with juicing several times a week and with occasional juice fasts built-in. Juicing is still a serious foundation of my diet.
I was surprised how much I learned about my health by juicing vegetables: Developing a new interest in raw foods, finding new fruits and vegetables to juice, and learning which combination produces a recipe that best suited what I needed at that time, green juicing became my most exciting smart habit.
I quickly realized that we tend to forget the yummy and not-so-yummy juice recipes so I started to document and share the Best Juice Recipes to help you on your fun juicing journey.
Today, I have lost (and kept off) over 20 pounds since my first green juice in 2007, my body has never felt stronger and better. To create the green juices, you need either a masticating juicer – that’s the best way to make your green juice – or a centrifugal juicer. I love my Omega juicer, which is slow and efficient. I also adore the Green Star Elite – a fantastic, high quality, top-notch brand of juicer.
Whatever brand you find most suitable for your needs works. I have made best friends with my juicers and you will too. Below you will find my green juicing clinic and book to help you on your journey!
Your Digital Green Juicing Step-by-Step Guide and the 10 Recipes You Need plus a Juice Fasting Guide for ONLY
This is a comprehensive digital step-by-step guide, for both beginners and advanced juicers, that teaches you everything you need to know and understand to start and maintain a healthy, happy green juicing journey, with common mistakes to avoid.
It comes packed with the ONLY 10 juicing recipes you will ever need.
Want answers to your long lost health? Stop buying beauty products or fancy diets. Go NATURAL. Return to Mother nature through Green Juicing. Want the same transformation I got? Start your green juicing journey by clicking here and grabbing your copy for just
Join the Green Juicing Intensive Clinic
This clinic teaches you everything you have ever wanted to know about green juicing with 21 lessons, a wealth of tasty green juice recipes, and exclusive interviews on juicing.
It invites you to enjoy our thriving and FUN juicing community because you will need the support to build this as a long-term habit.
Top Delicious Green Juice Recipes:
- Perfect Morning Essential: 4-6 Carrots, 4 stalks of Celery, 1 Lemon , 1 Macintosh or Yellow Apple
- Hot Afternoon Boost: Up 4-6 Carrots, 4-6 stalks Celery, 1/2 bunch Cilantro, 2 Roma Tomatoes, 1 Lemon
- Power After-Workout Drink: 1/2 Romaine lettuce, 3-4 leaves of Kale, 3-4 Carrots, 1/2 bunch Carrot top, 1 Apple, 1 Lime
- Serious Detox: 1/2 sour green Apple, 1 Lime, 1 large Beet, 3-4 leaves Beet tops, 3-4 Carrots, 3-4 Celery stalks, small piece of Ginger
- Excellent Craving Response: 3-4 large leaves of Kale, 1 whole stalk of Leek, 1 Lime, 1 large Tomato, 1/2 bunch Cilantro, 3-4 Carrots, small piece of Ginger
- Delightful Green Snack: 1/2 of red Cabbage, 3-4 stalks of Celery, 4-5 leaves of Kale, 1 Lemon, 1 Lime, 1 Apple, small piece of fresh Ginger
- Sweet Filling Delight: 3 cups fresh baby Spinach, 1 Lime, 1 large Tomato, 2-3 Carrots and 1/2 Carrot top bunch, 1/2 bunch Parsley, 1 stalk Celery
- Quick Cleansing Drink: 2-3 Carrots, 4 Cucumbers, small piece of fresh Ginger, 1 Lemon, 1 whole Beet
- Variety Vitamin Drink: 1 Lemon, 2 cups of Alfa Alfa Sprouts, small piece of fresh Ginger, 2 Carrots, 3 Cucumbers, 1/2 bunch Parsley
- Exquisite Green Goodness: 3-4 leaves of Kale, 5 large Romaine Lettuce leaves, 1 Beet, 1/2 bunch of Cilantro, 1 Lime, 2 cups fresh Spinach, 1/2 Apple
Note 1: These recipes make roughly 24-28 oz. This depends the efficiency of your masticating juicer works dryness of the pulp.
Note 2: Leeks and Cabbage are challenging on some juicers so check your juicer’s instructions.
Note 3: You may taste some bitterness in these juices. If you do, add an Apple or a Tomato for taste.
Yummy Fruit Juice Recipes:
I wanted to add a few pure fruit juice recipes. Please be ware of the fructose, the natural sugar found in fruit juices. In general, try to limit your fruit juices to 1-2 cups a day. I think the most excellent choice of a juicer is the Fruit Star from Tribest, which makes sure the extra pulp from fruits doesn’t get caught in the screens of a regular juicer! I ADORE my Green Star Elite – watch me unbox my new GreenStar Elite here!
And these are some of my delicious fruit juice recipes:
- Refreshment in a Cup: 1 whole Cantaloupe, 2 cups of fresh Strawberries – My favorite!
- Sweet & Tart: 1 Orange, 1 Grapefruit, 1 Macintosh Apple, 1 Lemon
- Citrus Essential: 2 Oranges, 1 Macintosh Apple, 1 Lemon
- For the Love of Watermelon: An entire watermelon, all by itself, not mixed with anything else – Excellent for hot summer days!
Always peel your oranges, tangerines, and grapefruits before putting them through your juicer. You do not need to peel limes or lemons. They add a mildly bitter taste to the juice unpeeled.
Join the Insider’s Exclusive Guide to Green Juicing:
If you love green juicing, join my Insider’s Exclusive Guide by clicking here! I will send you my favorite fresh new recipes, share with you my tips and mistakes to avoid on your juicing path – these are the valuable stuff I have learned as I go through up and downs of life and my insanely busy work schedule and my travels.
Because juicing must go on, baby! Now hurry up and join me and let’s go on the journey together!
- Plan well in advance (3-to-5 days) for the vegetables and fruits. As a general rule, do not keep fresh vegetables longer than 7-9 days after purchase.
- Buy organic when you can especially for the dark leafy vegetables, carrots with tops, beets with tops, and celery.
- Shop local when possible. Your local Farmers Market is the best place. They carry the freshest vegetables, sell it cheaper and you are supporting your local farmers. Subsidize the rest at your local Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.
- Juice only on an empty stomach, early morning and/or after your workout is the best time to juice.
- Wash & cut up the vegetables to size that will fit your juicer’s food chute.
- Juice your lemon or lime last so that it cleans out the juicer much as possible as it runs through it. Juice between 32 to 48 ounces each time. You can work up to 64 oz. 5-7 times a week, if your aim is to lose weight. Note this is very intense: Listen to your body.
- Drink all of it within the hour. Do your best not to store or refrigerate if possible.
- Clean up your juicer immediately after juicing.
- Balance out the dark leafy vegetables If you are starting out, keep the dark green leafy vegetables balanced with an apple or few carrots to add some natural sweetness. This will offset the mildly bitter taste of dark vegetables.
- Use very small quantities of ginger, until you get used to the sharp taste.
- Keep your carrot and beet pulp for salad topping. I have only cared to consume these 2 types of pulps.
- Do not eat anything for at least an hour after juicing.
- Drink water or tea following a juice for up to 2-3 hours. Let your body enjoy the freshness and work through the delicious fresh juices before eating solid foods.
- Find a routine to follow from start to finish – I would listen to my French podcasts which run 20 minutes long, the length of time it takes me from start to finish (all cleaned up!). Whatever works to keep your habits going strong!
- Keep a journal for first 3-6 months on your favorite juices. You won’t regret it!
Now I am so hooked on green juicing that I look for a juice bar wherever I travel. So when you travel, search juice bars on Yelp and locate them in advance. Make it a goal to have at least one meal at a juice bar and let your body and mind rest and rejuvenate from all the travel chaos and food. Always think and live with your health in mind!
Energy and Vitality
One of the main benefits of green juicing is the extra energy and vitality you get from drinking freshly-made vegetable juices, with heaps of enzymes, vitamins and minerals. The Number One feedback on the Green Juicing Guide continues to be: “I have so much extra energy!” So remember that as you commit to your journey.
Share your Thoughts, Questions, Comments:
Juicing is a very powerful journey. It can have enormous benefits and it can test and try our patience and help us get to know ourselves better. It can also be very confusing at the beginning. I love to learn from you, hear your experience, and your thoughts on juicing vegetables so don’t be shy! Leave a comment, start a conversation, and guard your health! Don’t forget to join the exclusive juicing newsletter if you want more goodies on green juicing journey, the tips, the how-to, the fun, the experience!