Welcome back to Episode #18 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is how to make awkward requests without making anyone – you or them – feel uncomfortable. It goes without saying that no one of us enjoy making those awkward requests and yet, we wish so badly that we could speak up. I have been there a lot – perhaps too many times – but recently, I have changed my ways with my new approach of making direct, professional and kind requests. Take a listen.
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
Your Weekly Friday Show Notes:
1. The story of my massage, and how boldly I made a direct request and his shockingly surprisingly reaction.
2. How to response to those awkward requests when others ask to use your services for “free” or as a favor, and the story of how my coaching program got started.
3. Exactly how to phrase responses to your clients and why to price your services for exactly what you are worth and what this does to your business and brand.
4. The story of my yoga friend, how I used to perceive her services in the light of our friendship and vice versa, and the eye-opening experience in hindsight.
5. What to never ever do to someone who runs their own business and where and how to draw the line in the sand for your own business in the face of awkward requests.
6. Your greatest asset of all and how to protect it.
7. Thoughts on bartering and what things to be aware of, and how to best make an arrangement that works best for you and the other party.
8. Recommendations on exact phrases and verbiage that will help you to respond to these requests from extended family and why to never enter into business agreements that give you the awkward feeling.
9. Why I have chosen to give up everything for a while in order to build my business and the most important thing you must remember to do on top of setting things aside.
Your thoughts on the show:
If you have questions or suggestions on what topics you want to hear about in The Daily Interaction, leave a comment, give me a shout and I will incorporate them in the show. If you love the show, an iTunes rating would be so sweet!