I am now convinced that my explorations into healthy, easy, and appetizing foods is a never-ending journey. Lucky that I also live with a budding chef! During my raw-vegan challenge, which coincided with my hubby’s particularly creative phase around “sweets”, something wonderful happened in the kitchen, and too wonderful not to share.
He called it a raw vegan gluten-free brownie. I called it “crack” for fun! You can call it what you like. But first, here is exactly how you make it! This dessert is a favorite by so many people, and certainly it is a dessert to be enjoyed by raw foodists, vegans and non-vegans alike!
You guys: I really do not mean to look that serious when grinding the almonds. Laughably silly!
If you are reading this on RSS, please see the YouTube video version here.
Raw Vegan Dessert – Brownie – Recipe:
Get Your Ingredients:
1.5 cups raw almonds
~15 dried figs
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/8 cup water
Hurry and Make It Already:
1. Blend the almonds in a food processor for about 30 seconds until you have a fine consistency.
2. Add the figs and cacao powder to the food processor; blend for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the coconut powder and pulse 5 times.
4. Add the water and pulse 5 times or until the mixture begins to solidify.
5. Spread the mixture onto one half of a small baking tray lined with parchment paper; fold the parchment paper over the mixture and mold the mixture into a block approximately 1″ thick.
6. Place the baking tray into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
7. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and cut the block into bite-sized pieces.
So What Do You Think?
The videos are a lot of fun but also a ton of work. I create them to impart information that I really think you would find valuable and useful, smart habits for a rich life. If you have thoughts on what else you might like to see, I am all ears.
As for the raw vegan gluten-free recipe here:
If you made the dessert, how was it?
If you haven’t, will you be making it?
If you are not going to make it, how will you know just what you are missing?
Tell me what you think in the comments and thank you for watching!