Welcome! Get the Inside Scoop on Prolific Living & Farnoosh Brock
Prolific Living unlocks your truth and empowers you to live it, breathe it, walk it and share it with the world.
You can walk away from the golden chains that shackle you in exchange for your freedom. You can create freedom in your career and freedom in your health in a sustainable, lasting and true-to-your-essence kinda way!
I am Farnoosh Brock, the passionate founder and president of Prolific Living Inc. and I am so happy you are here. If you want to learn how to live out your brilliant potential, to stop settling, and to serve the world from your highest self, you are in the right place.
How did I end up here? I was just a corporate junkie, going through the motions and desperately looking for happiness in my career. In fact, the only thing I knew was how a “good” employee. And today, I run my own company so really, how did I end up here?
Ready for the answer? Here goes:
1. The first thing that helped me shift gears out of my corporate ‘numbness’ was when I stopped thinking with only my head – especially since it had led me a wee bit astray in life – and started including my HEART in the most important decisions of life.
2. The second thing was to stop seeking approval, validation and advice of others, be it loved ones, strangers, peers, friends, relatives, ANYONE. For the first time in my life, I started making decisions for myself, by myself, and exactly the way I want life to unfold for myself.
That’s when I was finally able to say, no more corporate, no more doing work I don’t LOVE, and no more settling for a boring part in life, thank you very much. I am done already.
If you also want to break free of the routines and stagnation that has you TRAPPED, then you are in the right place, baby!
I am insanely motivated, focused, and energized to honor and fulfill your dreams. Do you feel this way?
I have a lot of passion for this subject because I struggled with this in my own life for SUCH A long time. My awakening from within happened in 2010. It was a point of no return. It was like crossing a bridge, going from a place of constant searching and frustration to a place of total belonging, which for me has been self-employment.
Prolific Living is here because I want for YOU to reach that place too.
Now, my turn to ask 2 questions:
1. How strong and unshakeable is your confidence in YOURSELF?
2. What is it really costing you to IGNORE your inner voice, your frustrations, and your, well, dreams?
Living a courageous life is not about being “fearless” so much as knowing what to do with all those uncomfortable fears.
It’s about being your own master instead of a constant victim of circumstance, even if it takes you a while to make the transition. It’s about giving yourself a chance to be happy. It’s about learning how to escape the rat race to create real wealth and abundance in your life.
I’ve done it: I left a 6-figure cushy work-from-home easy corporate job and then hired my husband out of his 6-figure job, and run a profitable growing company today. The tools and resources that I share with you stimulates your mind instead of dulling it and breaks boundaries rather than stopping at the limits and THAT is the beginning of success.
This is about shifting your mindset, creating smart habits and changing the bad behavior that is robbing you of your success every day and getting in your way so much so that you don’t even see it anymore.
Prolific Living is a company devoted to re-defining what is possible in your life and to teaching you how to release those limitations and boundaries that keep you stuck. We focus on two pillars: Career and Health. Go here for a portfolio of our products.
Want Smart Tips, Power Advice and a 21-Step Confidence Building Series in Your Inbox?
I will teach you how to change your thoughts, how to think big and fabulous of what you can offer the world, how to make subtle shifts in your behavior and perspective so you stop getting in your own way and start building out your dreams confidently. Hop on the email list below and start on your 21-Step Confidence Building Series right away:
Use Your Inner Powers
Bonus: 21-Step Confidence Building Series
Why I Quit My 6-Figure Job
On April 15th, 2011, this-electrical-engineer-multiple-certified-tech-professional did something crazy because, you see, something not-so-funny had been happening on the way to top of that delusional Corporate ladder and it was time to take my life and my career BACK into my hands.
So, I resigned from an 11+ year career and walked away from a 6-figure easy work-from-home income. I was done. Finished. The point of no return had long since been reached. For the full story, come hither! Or check my formal bio.
Media and Publicity:
Less than a month after I had resigned, Forbes ran a dedicated story on me titled The Realistic Road to Entrepreneurship.
On March 17th, 2012, I was a guest on BBC World Service Radio, with presenter and host, Julian Marshall, where we discussed the smart exit strategies of quitting your corporate job. The style and manner with which I had quit my job had brought some attention to the BBC and they honored me with this interview.
Tune in to the The Daily Interaction Show
Want to know how to handle awkward situations? How to have difficult but necessary conversations with your boss, your friends or your parents? What about letting your confidence show in all of your interactions with the outside world? Listen to the Daily Interaction Show where we cover all of that and more.
We explore the topics of human interaction – social, business, interpersonal and intrapersonal – on The Daily Interaction Show, which launched August 1, 2011 and has been going strong every single Friday since and no plans to slow down. Tune in the show below.
Fun Facts about Me?
Hi. My name is Farnoosh and no, I do not have a nickname.
Born and raised in Persia – or Iran, same thing – to a Mom who believes we descended from Persian royalty (!!!) and a Dad who believes anything is possible and planning is over-rated (!!!!) – case in point, we went to Turkey for a 2-week vacation and never looked back -I have inherited some of their lovely traits, and have a few worthy ones of my own. I’ll show you my true colors in this blog, and get to know yours.
A few more truisms about me:
- I love my Ashtanga yoga practice even if it’s grueling and painful.
- I am a devoted juicer. In fact, it attracted a traditional publisher my way and I wrote a gorgeous book on juicing!
- I drink loose-leaf Oolong tea all day, in fact, this cup of tea is my best addiction.
- I love to travel. I visit at least 3 or 4 countries a year and travel the USA a fair amount. I fly about 100,000 miles a year on a good year.
- I’m happily married but I do not have any intention to procreate, much to disappointment of … well, everyone it seems.
- I love dogs but I don’t own one because I can’t stand the thought of leaving them behind when I hit the road.
- I feel funny calling myself an author but after publishing a real book, I need to get used to it.
But most of all, I will never again give up my dreams for an illusion of security and the false notion that others know what is best for me. And my job is to aspire you to do the same thing!
Prolific Living Books and Products
Frankly, I never thought I would write books, but now I can’t imagine not writing. Now I feel writing is the best profession in the world, so if you have a book in your heart – as most everyone does – write it. Remember: you are a writer if you believe you are. Just write.
For a list of my books, hop over to the Amazon Kindle store for my books.
If you want to self-publish your own book someday, be it to Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Apple iTunes, my husband offers the professional formatting of the Kindle and other platforms and can walk you through the self-publish process. Check his services here.
A Word about the Photos:
All photos, images and graphics on this blog are created by and belong solely to Prolific Living. I hold full Copyright unless specifically otherwise noted. I cite the source or add a disclaimer on all other occasions. Contact me first please if you should be interested in using any of the images for any purpose.
Commenting around here:
Bloggers love to get comments. Have you noticed? You meet a new blogger and two minutes into conversation, you are promising to read that post and leave a comment. Anyway, I love comments just as much as the next blogger but please heed the advice below when it comes to commenting at Prolific Living:
- I do not moderate comments so they get immediately published unless they find their way to the spam folder once in a while. I always check spam folder so do not worry. If your comment does not appear right away, it will soon.
- Do not use the comment section to promote your own agenda, products, services or blog. You can do that in the self-promotion space! Instead, contribute to the conversation and enrich the dialogue. Ask any questions or give feedback or share your opinion please.
- I will correct major flaws in your spelling – or choose not to publish if I cannot decipher horribly poor use of English.
- I will remove hyperlinks within the comment unless they actually contribute to the blog post.
- I will neither tolerate nor publish a commenter attacking other readers, using offensive or crass language or any other poor such behavior. Disagree but do it professionally and be civil.
- Thank you for commenting.
Here’s to a fabulous time together. Let’s make our one life seriously worth living…
Photo Courtesy of Pascal Monmoine.