Welcome back to Episode #52 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today is our one-year podcasting anniversary! And the topic is How to Stay Inspire in a Bad Job. The theme is reflective of what’s on my mind and also happening around here, and that is our Smart Exit Blueprint has launched again, hence all this talk around careers, professions, the work that we do and the way that we spend a majority of our time on earth.
Last chance to play here: Contest, Rules, and Prize: Our ONE-YEAR Anniversary is an exciting time for any event Today, our Daily Interaction Podcast turns one. And as you know, I am celebrating YOU, my constant listener with this contest:
Here are the qualification rules for our first ever podcast contest:
In the comments section here, just leave a comment telling me two things:
Number 1= Why do you listen to the show?
Number 2=What can I do to make it better in Year #2?
You can qualify by adding the comment below to enter the contest. I close the contest on July 25th, Wednesday noon eastern, and pick winner and announce it on Episode 53. The prize: A $30 Amazon Gift Certificate!
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
How to Stay Inspired in a Bad Job Show Notes:
1.You are always in charge: The first thing is to remember that you are always in charge. This may be something you intuitively know but until you put it into practice by associating the right feelings that make it real to you, it’s of no use. And this, my listener, you need more than any other tool when you find yourself in a bad situation. This can change your spirits and your mental state instantly.
2. You always have options: No matter how bad your situation may be, you always have options. You choose to stay or to leave, you choose to stay happy or be depressed, you choose to be a victim of circumstance.
3. You need to separate the emotions from the actual situation: Your emotions can really run wild in a bad workplace and become self-destructive to your progress. You need to think of your job not so much as a bad job but as a misfit for you at this stage in your life, and I share with you how this can inspire you.
4. You need to be crystal clear about your why: You may not know the true reason why you are unhappy, why this is a bad job for you, why this is a misfit, because when you figure that out, you are inspired to take the next step.
5. You can now figure out how to find the good fit: How understanding your why and yourself can not only inspire you but also lead you toward the right place, the right fit.
6. You can say no to social events: Unless you are climbing the social ladder, then say no to spending any more time than necessary with the wrong people – learn to say no in Episode 45 – and limit your time with them to guard your own energy.
7. You should be able to tell the lies from the truths: Why a thankless job taught me how to not gossip within the company walls, and how I warn you here on being careful when you engage in gossip for multiple reasons, and how it all affects your inspiration.
What If You Can’t Get Inspired in a Bad Job
If you are still having a hard time getting inspired in your job, there are other things you can do. Quitting is not always the answer. The process is not so black and white. And it’s not even that linear. One thing doesn’t have to happen before the next thing. So if you want to fully understand how to explore your options at your job and how to thrive -not just survive – in the current job or a future position, grab these career strategies by hopping on the list below: Grab Your Free Email Course!
Accelerate Your Career
Grab Your Free Email Course!