Welcome back to Episode #59 of The Daily Interaction podcast. Today’s topic is 12 Steps to Master Your Time and Energy. Time management is not half as useful if you don’t take your energy into account. Today, I give you 12 ways on how to not manage but MASTER your time and your energy and get a lot done! Let’s get to it!
You have probably taken steps to manage your time better many times in your life but how many times have you considered managing your energy along? We have a finite amount of energy to expend during the day and if we don’t manage the energy, the time is inconsequential. Think about it: How much can you really accomplish when you are exhausted?
Exactly: Not Much at all.
So let’s tackle time and energy together, let’s think of them as two inseparable elements of life and let’s learn how to not just manage them to get by but to master them so we run the day and not let the day run us to the ground! Ready?
The iTunes Page: Subscribe & download!
The RSS Feed: Follow the Feed!
12 Steps Master Your Time and Energy Show Notes
1. Create the right emotional association with the task, project or items on your to-do list.
2. Do a complete brain dump to create your master list.
3. Select a system of organization that works FOR YOU. I share with you my system of organization and productivity.
4. Do the most important thing first.
5. Know your best energy zones and use them. Check out my 10 Minute Invigorator – and watch Day 1 and do the 10 minutes of invigoration with me.
6. Say a proactive no and prepare for it in advance so you don’t get caught off.
7. Remove the clutter in your workspace and create a zen space.
8. Decide about your workplace and why it should be the same place all the time.
9. Create a do-not do list.
10. Experience the energy and power of completion.
11. Use the right language with yourself and how to change it to motivate yourself.
12. Get enough rest.
Wanna Give Back to The Daily Interaction?
A huge shout-out to those of you who left reviews on iTunes, THANK YOU guys!! And if you like these conversations and want to support the podcast, I am not accepting donations – the podcasts are FREE and yours to enjoy – but boy would I love you if you took a few minutes to do an honest iTunes ratings for it. It goes a long way to keep the podcast going strong and spread the word. Thank you for listening!